We're looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, who is self-starter, can think on his/her feet, play well with others, and do great work in a fast paced, agency environment.
By bringing together like-minded people, who share common passions, who enjoy each other's company and respect each other's skills, BlueModus has created a culture where people work hard, have each other’s backs, and love what they do. Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to their clients. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off that includes 9 holidays, 10 vacation, 2 personal and 5 sick days
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits - health, dental, vision and disability
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan + employer match
- Awesome office in the heart of downtown Denver right off the iconic 16th Street Mall
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack dispensers
- Catered team lunches 3-to-4 days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
- Keg for Thirsty Thursdays
- Dog friendly office
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Take the stress out of commuting with our public transportation subsidy
- Dress for comfort in our casual environment
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing training
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for planning, scoping, and executing tests of new and existing features across multiple projects
- Testing in all phases of development life cycles which includes design review, API testing, functional validation, error handling, regression and performance testing
- Developing automated testing systems using commercial tools, scripts and data set
- Work directly with project management, developers and solutions leads to track, report, and resolve critical issues as well as ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing
- Develop structured testing methods, tools and templates, manage and monitor bug detection, resolve and track successes
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities
- 3+ years of software testing, Quality Assurance / QA experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software test cases and plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers for the purposes of understanding functionality as well as providing appropriate feedback in the form of bug reports
- Experience creating test scripts and automating processes
- Experience and management of issue tracking software
- Experience writing test plans from a variety of documentation including requirements and use-case.
- Experience testing websites and microsites in a Content Management System (CMS) like Kentico, Sitecore, or Sitefinity
- Sound knowledge and experience with automated testing and tools (Selenium, Golem, etc.)
- Experience with agile testing
- Experience working at in an agency environment
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electronics engineering, information technology or related
BlueModus is a technology agency with over 15 years’ experience serving marketers and technologists of all types. A lot of companies talk about their awesome offices, cool events and great perks. We can, too. But when you come to work for BlueModus, you not only get to work in great digs, you also become part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We've created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and partners. We’re occasionally a little geeky. Always fun-loving.
Interested in applying? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.